Friday, June 9, 2017

Without a Net on the Hudson

Welcome back friends to my blog about the band Without a Net.

My first experience with this band was in the Village of Croton on Hudson back in 2014.  My connection was immediate, and we clicked on so many levels that I offered to help to arrange gigs for the band since where ever this band played, good times were sure to follow.

Now since every member of this band is a long time resident of Croton, it seemed only fitting that the band perform in one of the village's stunning outdoor venues such as Senasqua park on the majestic Hudson river.

So in my role as rock and roll advocate, I took my case to the department of recreation. Long story short, my efforts were rebuffed and the 2015 and 2016 summer concerts seasons passed with no dates booked.

By 2017, I had all but given up any hope.

Then in March I saw a post from Frank (the Disco Cowboy) Primeggia that the band was indeed booked for  June 23, 2017 in the same Senasqua park to open the 2017 summer concert series!   Victory deferred but not denied and good things do come to those who wait.

So please join us on Friday June 23. Bring the kids, bring your coolers, bring your friends and neighbors and let's kick off the summer of 2017!

No comments:

Post a Comment